Thrive, The Alliance of Nonprofits for San Mateo County is pleased to have formed a relationship with DOVIA (Directors of Volunteers in Agencies). DOVIA – San Mateo County provides education, networking and support opportunities that promote excellence in the field of volunteer management.
Members represent a diverse range of nonprofit organizations. Our quarterly meetings offer a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas pertinent to promoting volunteerism.
Benefits of Joining DOVIA
- Network with peers, share materials, ask questions, keep up with new trends and discover solutions to your challenges.
- Training and workshops designed for experienced and new volunteer coordinators.
- Professional growth and leadership opportunities in DOVIA.
- A unified voice and credibility for the volunteer management professional.
Annual membership dues are just $25/year/person (not an agency fee) and are non-transferable. Checks are made payable to Thrive Alliance. Put in the memo line: DOVIA Membership.
Application form is available HERE. Please complete and bring your payment to your first meeting, or simply mail your application and payment to:
The Sobrato Center for Nonprofits
330 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 155
Redwood City, CA 94065
If you are brand new to DOVIA and would like to see what it’s about, we invite you to attend a meeting. If you decide to become a member, you can do so at the end of the meeting.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016 | 9:30-11:30am
Location: Sobrato Center for Nonprofits - Redwood Shores
Questions? Contact a member of the DOVIA leadership team.
Lynnelle Bilsey, InnVision Shelter Network: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOVIA Participating Agencies
- Blackberry REACT, Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club of North San Mateo County
- CASA of San Mateo County
- City of San Mateo
- Healthy Cities Tutoring
- InnVision Shelter Network
- Peninsula Jewish Community Center (PJCC)
- Peninsula Volunteers, Inc.
- RSVP of San Mateo & N. Santa Clara Counties
- SFO Travelers Information