Elections are changing in San Mateo County: Make your voice heard!
On Monday, January 8, 2018, Thrive, Silicon Valley Community Foundation and the Voter’s Choice California coalition will host an important community meeting about the Voter’s Choice Act.
The Voter’s Choice Act is a new law that will significantly change the way we vote in San Mateo County. It is designed to make voting easier, but we need community input to make sure it’s successful. You’re welcome to attend all or part of the all-day meeting. Lunch will be served. Advance registration is requested.
- 11 AM to 1 PM: Voter’s Choice Act introduction and review of County's implementation plan, facilitated by voting rights experts.
- 1 PM to 4 PM: Breakout sessions to discuss feedback on the plan.
Information from the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division is available at shapethefuture.org/voterschoiceact.
- Jonathan Stein, Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Fred Nisen, Disability Rights California
- Dora Rose, League of Women Voters of California Education Fund
- Anthony W. Suber, Elections Specialist III, San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division
- Jennifer Tagg, Department Systems Analyst, San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division
The San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division will unveil their Voter's Choice Act Election Administration Plan on January 4. On January 18, a public hearing will be held to get feedback on the Election Administration Plan at the Board of Supervisors Chamber, Hall of Justice, 400 County Center, Redwood City. This community convening and input session will be in preparation for these important events.
Don't miss this chance to learn about the Voter’s Choice Act and prepare your feedback to the San Mateo County Registration & Elections Division! For more information about the Voter’s Choice California collaborative visit voterschoice.org