Who Can Become A Member?
Membership is open to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)3 tax-exempt status, future nonprofits that are in the process of obtaining 501(c)3 status, businesses, government agencies, and individuals. Most member benefits extend to the entire membership though businesses, government agencies and individuals may not be eligible for discounts and resources developed specifically for nonprofit organizations. See fellow Thrive members! For further questions about membership and benefits, email email@example.com.
A sense of community is just one of many benefits Thrive provides to its members. Thrive members also enjoy a higher profile and the ability to widely share the good work of their organization and individual engagement benefiting San Mateo County and the region.
Benefits of Membership
- A benefit of Thrive membership is the sharing and receiving of community outreach information via the Thrive listserv. The entire Thrive community benefits from your contribution of information about local events, workshops, funding opportunities and position listings. (See below.)
Building a trusted network with other nonprofit organizations and community leaders.
Opportunities to develop relationships with local, county and state representatives.
Community Forums and programs that support your organization as well as personal and professional development opportunities.
Leadership Circle Luncheons, an exclusive benefit for Thrive member ED's / CEOs to connect in a small peer group setting.
ThriveConnects: Small & Mighty EDs breakfast, resource-sharing and networking breakfast specifically created for member executive directors of agencies with five or fewer employees.
ThriveConnects: Fundraising Professionals brown bag lunch, an informal peer-support lunch for fundraising professionals.
Annual Thrive OnBoard event. Open exclusively to Thrive Nonprofit members for a potential Exhibitor opportunity.
Displayed on the Members List board at Thrive events. (Individual memberships have name listed)
Significant savings on Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) publications and events:
- 25% Off SSIR print + Digital subscriptions. (A full year only $39.95)
- Special pricing for SSIR Webinars ($39.00 for $49.00 webinars, with 12 months of online access)
- $100 off current registration rate for SSIR Nonprofit Management Institute in September.
20% discount on CompassPoint workshops held in San Mateo County. Email Info@ThriveAlliance.org for the special Thrive discount code.
Attendance at Development Executive Roundtable luncheons and events in San Mateo County at the DER member price.
Communication about events and information including funding opportunities and position listings relevant to the nonprofit sector.
10% discount at Reach and Teach, 144 W. 25th Ave., San Mateo, CA 94403. www.ReachandTeach.com
10% discount for Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center Mediation Trainings.
Access to information and resources from policy and advocacy organizations, technical assistance providers and other nonprofit associations.
It's easy to share information via the Thrive listserv. Here's how:
- Prepare your message and send it as a plain text email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Not including text with your initial request might delay sending of your message.)
- In the subject line put "Thrive Listserv and event date". (include links to additional information and PDF and / or Word format for documents)
- Thrive will do its best to post organizational announcements within a week of receipt. Content may be edited to accommodate space within the listserv email.
Must be a registered and paid member for the current Fiscal Year (July 2015 - June 2016)
to send or receive on the listserv.