Count & Be Counted:
Voter's Choice Act and Census Trainings
Traditionally underrepresented communities are most at risk for not counting or being counted. Partner with Thrive and change that dynamic by taking part in this two-part training on Voter's Choice Act and US Census.
Part 1: Count - Voter's Choice Act
Join Thrive, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County, San Francisco Peninsula People Power, the Center for Independence of Individuals with Disabilities, and the Voter's Choice California coalition for an important opportunity to learn about the Voter's Choice Act which will significantly change the way we vote in San Mateo County, starting with the June 5 elections. It is designed to make voting easier and increase voter turnout. Come to our training, get materials and learn how to get the word out.
Part 2: Be Counted - US Census 2020
Making sure everyone gets counted is critical in order to be represented politically in a fair and equitable way and to make sure that our communities get the resources they deserve! Join our partners at the County of San Mateo who will give an overview of the Census issues and how you can help.
- Diane Leeds, San Francisco Peninsula People Power
- Diana Izaguirre, Elections Manager, County of San Mateo
- Sara O'Brien, Voter Education and Outreach Coordinator, County of San Mateo
- Emma Gonzalez, Community Affairs Manager, County of San Mateo
- Jack Mahoney, Civic Participation Program Officer, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Advance registration is requested.