The Administrator will work closely with and under the supervision of the Executive Director in our San Mateo office. He/she is responsible for maintaining an organized and efficient office for SSMC and performing the day-to-day clerical duties. This position is a great opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in the sustainability field in a professional, well respected nonprofit.
Established in 1992, Sustainable San Mateo County (SSMC) is a nonprofit dedicated to the long-term health of our county’s economy, environment, and social equity by educating about sustainability and empowering people to take action to implement sustainability measures, practices, and projects. More information about SSMC can be found at www.sustainablesanmateo.org.
1) Event Planning:
- Support for the Awards Dinner Event, Indicators Launch, and other public events
- Manage and maintain attendee lists, coordinate mailings
- Help develop promotional materials and strategies
2) Membership and Communications:
- Actively expand SSMC’s individual membership program
- Maintain the SSMC website, and community calendar
- Manage social media interactions on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Create and send email newsletters using Constant Contact
3) Finance and Compliance:
- Ensure sound maintenance of essential financial, legal, and personnel records
- Ensure sufficient documentation and reporting on required funding and compliance organizations
- Ensure compliance with by-laws and all federal and state regulations
- Maintain the SSMC database
- Write, edit and mail letters to SSMC sponsors and community
- Take minutes at Board meeting and Committee meetings
- Respond to various email and phone inquiries from the public
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for sustainability and commitment to Sustainable San Mateo County’s goals
- Education: Degree in Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Political Science, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or a related degree
- Minimum 2-4 years office experience
- Self-motivated, responsible and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, media relations experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Preferred: Tax preparation and event planning experience
- Web/Computer savvy is essential; experience with MS Office, Internet, social media, and database management required; experience with Salesforce.com, WordPress, ConstantContact, and QuickBooks preferred.
$20 to $25, depending on experience. Schedule: 25 to 30 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating your experience and qualifications to: email@example.com with “Administrator Application” in the subject line. Applications are due by Tuesday, July 31st. No phone calls, please.