Did you know one in four families in the Bay Area are struggling to make ends meet? The face of poverty might be closer than you think. It could be your co-worker, your neighbor, or your friend. Want to do something about it? United Way Bay Area is searching for an engaging and creative individual to help us sustain and grow programs that reach over 250,000 people each year. Working in a dynamic and passionate team, our Campaign Fellows will be communicating with thousands of current and potential donors in hundreds of workplaces to raise money for the benefit of families and individuals of the Bay Area.
The Campaign Fellow is a professional-level, full-time (37.5 hour work week), temporary position from August 6th through November 16th (dates subject to change). This position will be located at UWBA’s worksites in San Francisco or San Jose, coordinating the management of corporate giving campaigns and frequently conducting public presentations throughout the Bay Area. An extensive week of paid training will be provided.
We’re building a movement to reduce Bay Area poverty. Join us.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Classification: Union Professional
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order to provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
What you'll do:
- Work in close collaboration with our Workplace Campaign team to facilitate the management and coordination of annual corporate giving campaigns.
- Conduct public presentations about United Way’s Community Fund to audiences of various makeup and sizes.
- Gain in-depth knowledge regarding the services of United Way to help grow revenue and improve the performance of the campaign.
- Provide dedicated management and excellent customer service to accounts.
- Build rapport with all internal teams, quickly becoming part of the United Way family.
- Utilize Salesforce effectively to manage donor data and communication.
Who you are:
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and access to public transportation for extensive local travel.
- Must commit to the full-time period of the position, Aug. 6th – Nov. 16th for 37.5 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university preferred.
- Must be a team player, go-getter, and self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Should possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor - the kind of person who gets along with everyone - you’re a natural connector.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; public speaking experience desirable.
- Able to commit to occasional early morning, evening, and weekend assignments.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
$22.56 - 22.56 per hour Temporary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter.