Box.org Skills Swap
Pro Bono Services For Your Nonprofit
Box is excited to host their very first Box.org Skills Swap, co-hosted with Thrive! The goal is to create a space where their employees (Boxers) can offer their skills and expertise to collaborate with you on an important project that will help you better meet your mission.
You are invited to submit project ideas here by July 1st. The Box and Thrive teams will review the submitted projects and, if accepted, invite you to join them for the Box.org Skills Swap on July 18th from 1:15 - 4:00 pm at Box HQ.
- The project should be able to be completed, or significantly elevated, with a couple hours of collaboration with a Boxer (Box employee).
- The project should fall into one of these 5 categories:
- Box 101 (How to use Box - if you are not already a Box user but want to become one, reach out to Christina Louie - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IT (Software installation, Salesforce, Service Desk, etc.)
- Legal (Grant writing, legal support, contract reviews, vendor negotiation tips)
- Human Resources (Recruiting, Diversity & Inclusion, Job Description Revamps, etc.)
- Excel Spreadsheets (Creating dashboards, Finance & Accounting assistance)
We will kick off the event with a panel discussion on Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace from 1:15 - 2:00 pm highlighting best practices from the private and non-profit sectors. Then, you'll spend two hours focused on the project work with your Boxer volunteer(s)! If you can't make the panel, we would love for you to still join us for the skills swap from 2:00 - 4:00 pm.