Community Forum on Housing our Nonprofit Workforce
As part of Housing Leadership Council’s Affordable Housing Week, join Thrive for a community forum and luncheon on the topic of housing the nonprofit workforce and the impacts of the current housing climate on the nonprofit sector. Learn about San Mateo County’s Home for All Initiative, the existing resources and housing opportunities available, and creative examples of how San Mateo County’s nonprofits are addressing the needs of their workforce creatively and collaboratively. The panel will also dive into the long-term planning and policy landscape of housing, and how nonprofits and individuals can engage in policy and advocacy around the issue.
The program will involve a presentation on Home for All by Bill Lowell, Home for All and former County Housing Director, followed by a panel of housing leaders, as well as opportunities for networking.
- Pedro Galvao, Regional Planning & Policy Manager, Nonprofit Housing Association of Northern California
- Cynthia Wong, Executive Director, Bay Area LISC
- Laura Fanucchi, Associate Executive Director, HIP Housing
- Cari Pang Chen, Associate Director & Acting Executive Director, Rebuilding Together
- Housing is tied into the issue of nonprofit displacement when nonprofits can’t recruit or maintain a workforce due to cost of living
- Changing the mindset from “affordable housing” for nonprofit clients to for the nonprofit workforce (60-80% AMI)
- Nonprofits can collaborate to address the housing needs of their workforce
- Nonprofits can advocate or enter the policy realm around this issue
Lunch will be provided.
Thank You to Our Sponsor
Registration: Advanced registration is required.
Thrive Members: Free
General Public: $20